Can I work with 1099 while I am in H1B status

by Guest9102  |  12 years, 9 month(s) ago

0 LIKES UnLike

Can I work with 1099 while I am in H1B status

 Tags: 1099, Am, H1B, Status



  1. amomipais82
    Hi There,
    In order for you to maintain H-1B status, you must be a W-2 employee rather than a 1099 contractor.

    I recommend that you either convince your employer to make you a W-2 employee. If this is not possible, then transfer your H-1B status to another employer as soon as possible. If you cannot locate another employer willing to file H-1B petition for you, then you may need to depart the U.S. in order to avoid technical violations of H-1B status.

Sign In or Sign Up now to answser this question!

Question Stats

Latest activity: 14 years, 7 month(s) ago.
This question has 1 answers.


Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.